Lag issues on the source server

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Lag issues on the source server

Post by seke3 »

Hi!

I have been issuing alot of lag spikes lately! does anyone have a clue of what the problem might be?
I have no websites or programs running while I am playing (exept steam and source).
snap it or slap it!

ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Re: Lag issues on the source server

Post by ewil apple »

We should see if somebody is able to reproduce the issue.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

There has been no change, as far as I am aware, on the server that could potentially have started causing lag spikes. Are you sure it's not your own internet that is causing this? I heard similar complaints during the FightNight but it seemed like it wasn't too big of an issue and that it stopped.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Post by ewil apple »

Seke3, is the issue still persisting for you?
seke3

Post by seke3 »

Doggie52 wrote: Are you sure it's not your own internet that is causing this?.
I still got the same problem and I got a perfect internet connection. I got an average computer and I have not issued this before. Other servers give me lag spikes too, but not enough to bother me.
ewil apple wrote:Seke3, is the issue still persisting for you?

Correct. I would like to get tips on how to get rid of these spikes. :)
snap it or slap it!

lunajamba
Server Administrator
Steam Username: lunajamba449

Post by lunajamba »

I Played on the server a few days ago and was completely lag free( exept my standard wire less lag). Im pretty sure its your own Internet. bad weather, maybe your internet provider was fixing or changing something who knows.
I dont know if you got wireless to your router or not. But if you have moved your router, even closer it can affect your internet alot.
// jackluna
seke3

Post by seke3 »

I got perfect connection when i play cs 1.6 with no lag issues at all, i got perfect connection when i play league of legends and when i go to source server i got alot of lag spikes, but i got perfect latency oO. Could it be just a damaged file that causes this lag? I will try to reinstall source and see what happens.
snap it or slap it!

Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

seke3 wrote:I got perfect connection when i play cs 1.6 with no lag issues at all, i got perfect connection when i play league of legends and when i go to source server i got alot of lag spikes, but i got perfect latency oO. Could it be just a damaged file that causes this lag? I will try to reinstall source and see what happens.
Yes, it could be a bad configuration file with borked up rates or something! Give reinstalling a try and see what happens!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »