Future Plans for Dream-Evil - an important read

All Dream-Evil related news will be posted here.
Qattro
Server Administrator
Steam Username: qattro_gmx

Re: Future Plans for Dream-Evil - an important read

Post by Qattro »

HEY guys ive seen that the server is down.
Is it in consequence of the css update and we upload the new patch that we can play our old maps again??
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

The server is experiencing some downtime at the moment - I am working on it. It should be resolved by now. The problem was due to an incorrectly formatted hard drive - believing it was larger than it is it tried placing files where there was no sector for it.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
Qattro
Server Administrator
Steam Username: qattro_gmx

Post by Qattro »

ooh thanks for informing us
Wrox
Server Administrator

Post by Wrox »

Oh I guess that I'm a bit late with replying and even noticing this topic, but great ideas Doggie! As I now can see by looking at your posts in this topic, you have already done the upgrades and the move to the datacenter. This is a great addition to Dream-Evil which will hopefully ( ? ) serve us more servers and alot better performance, as I remember it, the server used to lag a little bit at the end of rounds during peak hours. Good job Doggie, and as you for sure already know, your awesomeness always surprises us! :D
ewil apple wrote:I get nightmares from 2k5 which will haunt me for the rest of my life[..]
I fully agree with you :'(
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

The server has not been moved to a datacenter, no, but it has gone through all the other changes (including a new OS and a new rack!).
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Post by ewil apple »

Shall check the server out today evening. I reinstalled my Windows again and I am already getting sick of downloading CS over and over again. I hope the lag part is gone because it really interrupted with the gameplay.
Wrox
Server Administrator

Post by Wrox »

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding, rack sadly reminds me of server racks too much :X

Hopefully it will happen though so more servers can be hosted if the hardware can handle it as I said!
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Post by ewil apple »

So, there was an update yesterday. Hope we get to play on usual breakfloor maps soon =)!