Dream-Evil Status Report

All Dream-Evil related news will be posted here.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Dream-Evil Status Report

Post by Doggie52 »

Hello members!

I'd thought I'd update you all on some parts of Dream-Evil and its servers due to the large number of questions I've recently gotten on the said matters. Here goes...

When will we get breakfloor and breakfloor_2 back on the server?
I couldn't agree more with those of you who have been complaining about breakfloor2k5 and the way the map promotes TKing and trenching. Unfortunately, due to the recent updates rolled out by Valve we can't host neither breakfloor nor breakfloor_2 on the server anymore. Nobody can connect to servers running those maps without getting the "snapshot overflow"-error and thus we of course can not have them running.

What I have done, though, is put a map called breakfloor_classic on the server - this map is pretty much a remake of the original breakfloor-map but made working with the updates. It will be in the rotation until an update is rolled out that enables use of the old maps again!

Why is the breakfloor-server constantly offline?
Currently the breakfloor-server is experiencing some very awkward crashes (again, due to the recent updates rolled out by Valve). Although I have taken counter-measures to ensure the server restarts after a crash it seems unwilling to do so. The little spare time I have is spent on trying to fix this, but all I can hope for now is that it somehow miraculously fixes itself.

Why are you so inactive? Why aren't you answering any applications?
I'm in my last year of studies this year - work is piling up around me and I need to devote a large portion of my free time to this. As a direct consequence of this I have less time to spend with Dream-Evil.

I will try to methodically go through the applications and accept those that are fit for the job and decline those that aren't - just like usual. However, for the coming few months this will take longer time as I have less time to spend reading the applications. Those applying will simply need to have patience ;) !

Dream-Evil will not die, neither will it cease to exist. I love this community, its members and what we all have done together and I will not let it die because of me studying my time away! There's no need to worry - in the end the server problems will be fixed and perhaps even the old maps will be playable - I strongly believe it is only a matter of time.

All I ask of you is to have patience with me and the community because in the end, things will settle nicely :) .

Loving regards,
Doggie52 :* .

P.S. Please, spread this message around to those that perhaps don't visit the forum as often. I believe it is important that all of us are aware of what's going on!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Re: Dream-Evil Status Report

Post by N3bulouz »

Good to know all these bugs are going to be fixed!
And good luck with your studies! ;)
PungsparkaN*
Server Administrator
Steam Username: B0nne094

Post by PungsparkaN* »

Good update Doggie :) Hope the map rotation will work as normal and don't crash all the time. Thanks.
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Post by ewil apple »

Thanks for the information, D :)!
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

As everyone else has said, a great and useful update. I'll have to catch you on Steam at some point too. If you haven't started your studies yet, shall we see if we can work out a FightNight again at some point? :P

Catch you soon!
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64
matei4matei
Steam Username: andreyutz2810

Post by matei4matei »

please invite my for clan
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

matei: Dream-Evil is not a clan, we are a community. By registering on our forums you are now a member :) !
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

I know what his name is in-game. His name is Eqiuilibrium and he is asking me all the time for an invite for a clan, and he asks me to make him admin. Anyone on CS:S, does this sound familiar?
Blade
Server Administrator
Steam Username: rick571

Post by Blade »

ummm..lol I've had those annoying guys too on a other game ;) :P perm ban and fixed it xD
I luv my doggies :D