Anterro's Application

Declined applications will be moved here. Watch and learn.
Tomppeli
Server Administrator

Re: Anterro's Application

Post by Tomppeli »

well, maybe yours ss 0.5% of 100%, mine is something like 30% :DD haha, bad joke.. but ye, Doggie has the final decision, but ofc our replies has some value
Last edited by Tomppeli on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

doggie,
you told me at slims application, that i never played with him and that i dont know how he is.
and now you declined me because of (for example) inpatience. where is my inpatience shown?
and to get back to slims application: i never played with him, yes. but im chatting with him alot. and my opinion is that he is mature.
and by the way: did you ever played with me? i cant remember that... you dont really know me. i respect that, thats the reason why there are other admins, they can give a feedback of a person you dont know (like me) and they are often ingame, so they REALLY know them. i am really confused about your declining-reasons. cause they are not true... actually you dont know me. so there must be another reason you dont wanna tell me.
i mean, i stood active the whole time i waited for an answer, the whole time! i tried to solve other problems, tried to be patient. but now i see no reason why i should stay active... give me please an answer... i dont know what i should do...
Zentropa
Steam Username: razerdeathaddler

Post by Zentropa »

you have help me with losts of things, so it's a YES for my.
you will fit as an admin realy GOOD!
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

thanks zentropa, means much to me. but if you go to page 2, you will see that i have been declined :(
Wrox
Server Administrator

Post by Wrox »

Anterro wrote:[..]and now you declined me because of (for example) inpatience. where is my inpatience shown? [..] by the way: did you ever played with me? i cant remember that... you dont really know me. [..] really confused about your declining-reasons. cause they are not true [..] actually you dont know me. so there must be another reason you dont wanna tell me. [..] but now i see no reason why i should stay active... give me please an answer... i dont know what i should do...
I believe that the way you handled this is the reason of you being declined.

You can't really force Doggie to make you an admin; it's his decision and even if you would be the best admin in the world he would still have the full rights to decline you if he felt that you wouldn't suit for the admin position at the time.

Everyone are always welcome to apply again after 1 month, and being active and helpful in the community boosts your chance to get the admin position a bit as far as I know. Also, there are reasons to stay active. Why do you think the rest of us are here? Just posting to be able to get a position and then if accepted or declined, just stopping to be active in the forums? No, that's not the case.

I hope you stay here, since there's no fun in seeing people leave.
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

I DONT WANT TO FORCE HIM to make me admin. why should i be admin when doggie doesnt want me?
i maybe re-apply in a month or two. but why should he make me admin then? i cant change, because i am not how doggie thinks!
EsketoN
Server Administrator
Steam Username: n0_0nEz

Post by EsketoN »

ohh poor anterro i feel sorry for you =( but do not give up! here are more chances than one I promise! =D

Gaming is a lifestyle!
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Flubbel wrote:So our advices are just something like a tiny tip? Like 0.5% of 100% ?
Your advice, in the past, has been useful to me because weaknesses have been pointed out to me and enabled me to spend more time on good applications than on bad ones. Nowadays, I read applications with flawed English and an immature feeling to them - then I scroll down and read positive replies from people like Anterro who haven't even played with whom they are saying are great admins.

Stuff like that puts me off - and that can cause me to go against 10 of my admins. It is not something I like doing, because I really want you to know that I listen to you. Sometimes, however, I must make choices that go against you, and that's life. After all, if I accept an admin whom I'm not really confident in, because of pressure from my admins, I would no longer be able to trust my admin crew, now would I?

Anterro, when I decline people I usually avoid throwing all my reasons at them since that discourages many from ever returning to the forums. Since you asked, I can try to summarize my thoughts about you below:
  • Your English is not up to the standards at all. In fact, sometimes when you've been chatting to me, I have had problems understanding you.
  • You easily get into fights with other players and even admins - I don't want hot-tempered people as admins for two reasons: 1. they can cause problems for themselves and others and 2. they can ruin the Dream-Evil reputation of fairness and openness.
  • The above reasons also leads me to believe you are immature and incapable of acting professionally on our servers.
I don't ask that you understand nor accept this - these are my opinions and they may or may not be correct, but they symbolize what I feel for you. I believe you can be a great candidate in the future, but you just don't cut it this time.

I will lock the thread now to avoid further bickering! If you'd like to ask me more, please PM me.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »