application slim

Declined applications will be moved here. Watch and learn.
Scoarden

Re: application slim

Post by Scoarden »

i dunno if it was clearly enough what i said: I definitly would like to see this guy as admin :) he is mature enough and in my opinio he CAN HANDLE this job :)
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Anterro wrote:i dunno if it was clearly enough what i said: I definitly would like to see this guy as admin :) he is mature enough and in my opinio he CAN HANDLE this job :)
You two don't play the same game, so you obviously have no idea of what you're talking about.

Slim, I know you've applied before, and your applications are getting better each time. I really mean that. But, at the same time I feel you're not yet ready to handle the admin job, and so I must unfortunately decline you.

Again, just with Anterro, I appreciate your involvement in the community and I believe that if you continue on this path, you will become good enough to become admin sooner or later!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

Jammer Slim! Keep trying!
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

Doggie52 wrote:
Anterro wrote:i dunno if it was clearly enough what i said: I definitly would like to see this guy as admin :) he is mature enough and in my opinio he CAN HANDLE this job :)
You two don't play the same game, so you obviously have no idea of what you're talking about.

Slim, I know you've applied before, and your applications are getting better each time. I really mean that. But, at the same time I feel you're not yet ready to handle the admin job, and so I must unfortunately decline you.

Again, just with Anterro, I appreciate your involvement in the community and I believe that if you continue on this path, you will become good enough to become admin sooner or later!
At my mind there are only two possibillity:
  • 1.) No one can get an idea of another person without playing the same game + often enough to play with him (This would also include you, Doggie)
    2.) Everyone is able to get an idea of another person, also without playing the same game (This would also include Anterro)
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

In my mind, there are a huge number of possibilities, in fact. Two of which are listed below.

1. People post lots of things without really thinking them through, giving overly positive feedback to anyone whom in their eyes looks nice. People inflate their opinions about people, saying that they are "great" admins based on nothing.
2. People are careful and moderate in their feedback, pointing out weaknesses and thinking through the replies they make to applications.

I am not saying that I have played with Slim, nor do I claim to know him. I can only base my decisions on the few things I see on the forums, but after 10+ years of doing this I am starting to get a feel for when someone is a suitable admin or not.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

I agree with Doggie, I know there are much people that just say yes for someone to be admin, because they are friends. You have to look at the personality, especially maturity, self-control, and kindness.
And just like he said, he is doing this for 10 years now, so I think he has got the expertise.
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

When you have done it long enough you know the good people to become admins and who is not.

But it's good to play with them but, my vote shouldn't count so much since i haven't played with him.

I think doggie took the right decision if im right. :P but i don't know him so i can't say more than i already have! ;)
Image ImageImage