Suggestions and ideas for the 1.6 server

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Re: Suggestions and ideas for the 1.6 server

Post by Flubbel »

Actually, I like the 20 slot server, but I can only agree with the spawnbug, it is really annoying!
Im searching for a solution (Addons), but the only idea I have is to rework the map with more spawnpoints. The problem: Everyone has to download the new map then =X

But if this wouldn't be a problem, I can create new spawnpoints and change the mapname to "de_rats2 k 4" or so..
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

We can further discuss the slot-issue - but I can quickly comment on the hitbox-issue. There is unfortunately no way to improve the hitbox without me getting a new internet connection for the server which is both costly and involves a lot of hassle. For the time being, we'll just have to live with that lag can cause shots to not really register..
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

Okay, yeah you don't have to mess around with the internet but wouldn't the ping stay in a stable mode as it did before if we have a lower slot amount? Because I can play with the hitbox, I just have to get more headshots :P but when the ping goes up sky high it's very hard to play.
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

You see what I mean? As soon as the server is full the ping goes too high to play, this is why the slot ammount must decrease.
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

I know what fruity boy means. The CS:S server has the same problem! You may be considering to get a new Internet package or even a new provider with higher down/up speeds.
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

Its smart to take the slot amount back down, then its less laggy! ;O

But a suggestion! ;P

Instead off just having rats2k4 as map. Why dont we put in more ratmaps and a votemap procces? you maynot do it but it was just a suggestion! ;)
Image ImageImage
GloriousNoR
Server Administrator
Steam Username: triple_cp

Post by GloriousNoR »

Whiskey wrote: Instead off just having rats2k4 as map. Why dont we put in more ratmaps and a votemap procces? you maynot do it but it was just a suggestion! ;)
From tha N to tha O. =D The other rats maps is boring.. Either, they are too big or to small.
Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Whiskey
Server Administrator

Post by Whiskey »

GloriousNoR wrote:
Whiskey wrote: Instead off just having rats2k4 as map. Why dont we put in more ratmaps and a votemap procces? you maynot do it but it was just a suggestion! ;)
From tha N to tha O. =D The other rats maps is boring.. Either, they are too big or to small.

have you played about every rat map? cause many ratmaps is just the size off rats2k4 a little smaller and a little bigger. you can get mostly every size off ratmaps! ;) i like mostly all off em. But your opinion is unlike mine and thats how it is! (H)
Image ImageImage
GloriousNoR
Server Administrator
Steam Username: triple_cp

Post by GloriousNoR »

ACtually, I've played alot of them and all of those i've played, 2k4 is the best.
Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Whiskey
Server Administrator

Post by Whiskey »

GloriousNoR wrote:ACtually, I've played alot of them and all of those i've played, 2k4 is the best.

yeah rats2k4 is one off the best, but i like also many others

like caravan,kitchoon,v3 and much more! :@
Image ImageImage
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

The slot problem really needs looking into... ping goes crazy when there is 16+ gets a bit unstable at 14 depending on the players, i suggest 15 slots(14 players and there's usually someone in spec).

I hope this will be fixed.

I dont know why but i think ptb has gotten worse, when we started using it it worked fine and moved player around all the time keeping fairly even teams, now it doesnt seem to do that as much.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

When do you reckon the PTB-issue has gotten worse? I haven't altered those settings in a long time, and personally I believe it's just a feeling and not something that actually has happened.

I will look into lowering the amount of slots anytime soon. Please remind me if I haven't attended to it in a week or two!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

I don't think it moves the players around as it used to do, i see sometimes that one team can be 2+ than the other for a few rounds even though the teams are uneven when it comes to points.
I didn't notice this before, maybe its just a feeling i have, i haven't been much active for a couple of months or so, i think the players are getting worse so ptb might act differently because of that.

I don't like the idea of moving players around manually since i doubt they will like most of the decisions admins will make and will probably result in a lot of complaining.
Alliedmodders ptb thread wrote: ptb_transfer_type <1|2|3>
1 PTBs original transfertype (Default)
2 a little more agressive than 1
3 the most agressive transfer
Originally Posted by Explaination for agressive transfer wrote: With more aggressive transfers it transfers one player to the other team rather than just swithing 2 players.
This makes the losing team get one more player and the winning team 1 less.
The default setting almost always swith 2 players and almost always doesn't do any effect to balance the team.
I don't know what the settings are now but making the plugin a bit more agressive might work. If "amx_ptb switchfreq" is set on anything but 1 it doesnt check the players every round.
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

I've noticed one thing about the ptb, when it's 3 players in one team and only one guy in the other team the ptb doesn't switch one guy over. This is not a big problem although I'm not sure it acted like this before.
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Another thing with PTB is that sometimes you can't go in to a team! I always use to press the 5 for auto-asigning to a team. But now when I pressed 5 it said: "To many CTs". Then I tried to go to T, there it said: "you have been auto-asigned", even if I still was in spec. Then I tried to go to CT, ofc it said: "To many CTs". I could not join any team and 4 other players had the same problem. I'm not sure it's PTB's fault but I think so but I still don't think PTB should be removed since it's better than before. Is it possible to change some settings in PTB?