StatiC - 1.6 Application

Accepted applications are moved here when they have been processed. Watch and learn.
StatiC
Server Administrator

StatiC - 1.6 Application

Post by StatiC »

Hey!

My name is Martin Jansson i always use the nickname StatiC in-game(bad_martini as steamname) I'm 19 years old and i live in Sweden, I've played CS on and off for about 7-8 years.

Do you have any previous admin experience?

I used to run my own server about 4 years ago but shut the project down because i had too slow broadband and after a few months players stopped joining. I have been an admin on 1 public server and is currently an admin in a gaming community with 3 servers but all off them are empty 24/7 and the head-admin is busy working, so all the admins have gone too different servers and communities. I'm sure this won't be in the way for the duties i will have to your server if I'm accepted.

Why would you fit as an admin (long answer, please)?

I'm well experienced and good at reading players which makes it easy to detect hackers, i usually contact fruitbowl or GloriousNoR when i see a cheater, but sometimes they're not online(which happened today), so i decided to make an application. Sometimes i swear on the server(usually to cheaters, arguing with them usually makes them go away) but i know i can better myself(I've done it before).

What game do you generally play (CSS or CS1.6)?

Do you have anything else you would like to tell us?

I know I'm not really active in the forum and i don't intend to be, i check though some new threads once and a while to see if there's anything important to know, but i really hope that you don't decline me for that since I'm writing this to help on the server, not chat on the forum.
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Re: StatiC - 1.6 Application

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

It's a good decision of you to apply here, you've played a very long time on the server and as you mention, many years of experience. You're a good guy and mature which shouldn't be any doubt about with your 19 years. As you also mention here is that you swear sometimes which is true so it's good that you're honest. It's usual one swear or two so I don't think it's a big problem and I belive that you'll quit that if you become admin.

If you're just as active here at the forums as you are on the server it's a yes from me.
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
GloriousNoR
Server Administrator
Steam Username: triple_cp

Post by GloriousNoR »

I want to Vouche for you Static, Know you good and you are a very good player in-game.

Anyhow, tho I haven't had much time lately but that has its reasons, one of them is that my owner literally drags me out of my chair if she wants me to do something with her.

Its a definate yes from me.
Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

Is this forum really dead or am i being ignored here?
henk
Server Administrator
Steam Username: headhunterzXL

Post by henk »

well i don't intent to read the whole thing
because i am not an admin on 1.6 nor do i have the game
but patience is a good thing and if you don't have any you
won't become an admin, i've waited 3 weeks orso for the desision
and the time between me first and seconds apply was a half year,
so be patient.
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

Of course but still, i looked through some previous applications and it seems to have only taken a couple of days before they got an answer.

Usually when i join the server there's one or more cheaters online and i can't find an admin to help us.

The 1.6 server really needs admins since you only seem to have 1 active admin. Thats why i made that second post because i think it's wrong that the 1.6 server isn't prioritized.
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

StatiC wrote:Of course but still, i looked through some previous applications and it seems to have only taken a couple of days before they got an answer.

Usually when i join the server there's one or more cheaters online and i can't find an admin to help us.

The 1.6 server really needs admins since you only seem to have 1 active admin. Thats why i made that second post because i think it's wrong that the 1.6 server isn't prioritized.
Almost all of the people who got a reply in a couple of days were rejected, not accepted. Have patience, it's a quality that all good admins have.

I've never played with you before, but you've only made 4 posts on the forum. You might want to look at this thread too so you get more of an idea about what us other admins look for before giving our approval to an applicant. I wouldn't currently feel comfortable giving you a yes - although I agree there probably aren't enough 1.6 admins at the minute, I get the impression you're just here to get admin rights and not contribute anything to the other parts of the forum. Feel free to prove me wrong and get my vote.
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

Sure i looked through the thread.

And of course i wrote this to get admin rights, this forum is pretty dead so i doubt i can contribute to much here, if people gets more active and i see an interesting thread then sure i can make a post in it, i've spent a lot of time on the server so i have played with the 3(?) only admins you have there and i have a fairly good connection with 2 of them.

The way i see it thats all that should be needed at first since they are the only ones i have played with and probably will be playing with in the future, posthunting "just because its needed" seems like a waste of time, it wont change who i am or how i behave on the server.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Before anything, please read the status report. Whatever status the forum is in, dead or not, there's no point in pointing it out. If you don't feel like being part of the forums then by all means don't push yourself - but don't expect to become an admin in the future either. The forum is the community and the community is the forum, if you're not active here then you're not "in" the community.

Your English is fluent and you seem to be a great admin but you have an attitude that doesn't really fit the job. You need to be patient and accept the fact that a large part of the community revolves around the forums. I'll make my final decision within a week - sit tight until then.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

You've been around for some time, you've contributed with some great insight, suggestions and feedback to the community. I believe I speak for the entire community - you'd be a great addition to our 1.6 admin fleet!
Do keep in mind though that an open-minded, friendly and kind attitude will go a very long way! Chat with me on Steam and we'll get your admin details set up!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

Well done StatiC, hope to continue to see you around the forums and maybe at the next fightnight! I'm sure you'll settle in well.
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

Thank you all!

Doggie i will contact you asap.
GloriousNoR
Server Administrator
Steam Username: triple_cp

Post by GloriousNoR »

Welcome aboard. =)
Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

Gratz! :D
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

congratulations static =D
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance