HOW TO Record a Hacker (CS:S and CS1.6)

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

HOW TO Record a Hacker (CS:S and CS1.6)

Post by Doggie52 »

Counter-Strike: Source
How to record a demo:
Open the console and type "record name" where name is anything. Then, when you're done with your recording, type "stop". The .dem file will be saved in "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike". Read below to see how to play the files!

How to play the file:
Place the .dem file in "C:\Steam\SteamApps\NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike", then start Counter-Strike: Source, type "playdemo name" in your console, but without the "". (If you don't know how to open your console, check out a guide on how to Open the Console.) When the demo is being played, type "sv_cheats 1" then "mat_wireframe 2" in your console.
Now you are able to see if they hack or not!

Thanks to Wrox for this guide!

How to send the demo to Dream-Evil:
Open "C:\Steam\SteamApps\NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike", find the demo and upload it to one of the sites below (or any other file-sharing site): After you've done that, copy the URL to your uploaded demo and paste it in this topic, along with the players SteamID and name. To find the SteamID and name, type "status" in your console and simply copy the line corresponding to the player you believe is hacking.

Counter-Strike 1.6
How to record a demo:
Become a spectator, first off. Then open the console and type "a3_record". Now close the console and return to the game. In the menu that just appeared, select who you want to record by using the numbers. The server will now make sure you always are spectating the player you chose -- even after he/she respawns.

After you're done recording, open the console and typ "a3_stop" (note: you can NOT just type "stop"!). This will stop recording and save your demo-file to "C:\Steam\SteamApps\NAME\counter-strike\cstrike".

How to send the demo to Dream-Evil:
Open "C:\Steam\SteamApps\NAME\counter-strike\cstrike", find the demo and upload it to one of the sites below (or any other file-sharing site): After you've done that, copy the URL to your uploaded demo and paste it in this topic. You do not need to get the SteamID or the name of the player, all we need is the demo.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Re: HOW TO Record a Hacker (CS:S and CS1.6)

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

Tried recently but it didn't work :/
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Wierd 1,because for me it worked. But then I realised the guy did'nt cheat. :)
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

Now it worked! :D
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

fruitbowl 2 wrote:Wierd 1,because for me it worked. But then I realised the guy did'nt cheat. :)
Haha, happens sometimes =P

But ok, never heard of "a3_record", so Ill try as soon as possible =) (Sounds great)
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

okay this a3 sounds good... ill try to send my records to the admins... before that i didnt know how to...
thx
Ross
Server Administrator
Steam Username: rosscummings

Post by Ross »

Wow really helpful, I will try and use this when I can't get hold of anyone.
Thanks
Blade
Server Administrator
Steam Username: rick571

Post by Blade »

Ummm...Did your computer lagg?
I luv my doggies :D
CSkill3R
Steam Username: cskillerak

Post by CSkill3R »

http://www.mediafire.com/?bp3dyzv4ovwtjx9 peddoget he got aimbot. i used normal record not a3_record.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d6vc6shx8e556wp player aimbot
http://www.mediafire.com/?d6vc6shx8e556wp P0tati$ | KORV aimbot
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

CSkill3R wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?bp3dyzv4ovwtjx9 peddoget he got aimbot. i used normal record not a3_record.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d6vc6shx8e556wp player aimbot
http://www.mediafire.com/?d6vc6shx8e556wp P0tati$ | KORV aimbot
It's always nice when players make the effort to record hackers on the server.

But i have one little problem, you didn't type 'status' in your console while recording, this way there's no steamid in the demos so i dont know what steamid to ban. When you are using the normal command 'record' you should always type 'status' afterwards. When using the 'a3_record' command this is done automaticly.

The demos clearly shows two hackers(The second and the third are the same demo.) so just remember to type 'status' the next time you record.

Thanks for trying to help us. :)
CSkill3R

Post by CSkill3R »

bad that the videos wasn't much help :( but i will remember to use a3_record or type status next time :)
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

Cskill3r try not to worry! ;) When the admins see's them they will hear it! ;D
Image ImageImage
CSkill3R

Post by CSkill3R »

Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

Good! ;)
Image ImageImage
CSkill3R

Post by CSkill3R »

posted some demos but watched them again and the people on the demos diden't cheat
Last edited by CSkill3R on Mon May 30, 2011 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.