Ross' Administrator Application

Accepted applications are moved here when they have been processed. Watch and learn.
Ross
Server Administrator
Steam Username: rosscummings

Ross' Administrator Application

Post by Ross »

What is your name? - Ross

What is your in-game name? - Ross /or/ Dream-evil.com*(Ross)

What is your Steam username? - rosscummings6

How old are you? - 17 (18 in May)

Where do you live? - England

Do you have any previous admin experience? - Not on Counter Strike Source, but I have had over 3 years experience on GTA San Andreas Multiplayer servers, general moderating in game and on forums.

Why would you fit as an admin (long answer, please)? - I feel that I would fit in as an admin because I am on the server nearly every day, or every day that I can. I try to enforce the basic rules through the microphone, simple mediation, then If that doesn't work I grab an admin via the steam group or the ones that I have on my friends list. I never break the rules, I am friendly to everyone that is on the server. Generally I use my microphone and people respond positively to this as not everyone does. Having a conversation while pwning is fun! I have excellent English skills seen as I am from England, and I am well known in the game community. ( Well I hope so haha )

What game do you generally play (CSS or CS1.6)? - CSS, But I think I have 1.6 somewhere which I could install if necessary, but i would prefer staying on CSS as I know that better.

Do you have anything else you would like to tell us? - I have been debating whether or not to post this application as I am not that well know throughout the community, especially on the forums. But I have been playing the game for a few months now and I joined the forums around a month ago. I have a 25+ post count which is not a lot but that is still growing. Even though I am not well known, I have befriended some of the administrators already and I talk to some of them quite often. I have great English skills which I see as a personal advantage as it is professional and allows me to easily communicate with others. Despite my concerns, I decided to post my application because I really do enjoy playing on the server and I feel I could be an asset to the team if accepted.

I would personally appreciate comments from community players and admins, just so I know how I could improve my time working with the community.
Thanks. =]
Ross
Server Administrator

Re: Ross' Administrator Application

Post by Ross »

I also love apples.
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

Ross wrote:I also love apples.
Pretty important to become admin! (around 50%) =O =P

But back to theme.. ^^

As far as I were able to get an idea of you at the community (I still dont know him ingame, so I cant and Im NOT saying anything about his gameplay/behaving at the server/.. [Just for right understanding - seems to be important to post that, before it ends in a misunderstanding as last time =/]) you seem nice and mature enough for admin position. Youre english isnt a question here. If you stay active at the forums I think (hope) it wont be a problem with your posts. Maybe we can play some rounds at source one day? (to get an ?REAL?!? idea of you). I dont know how it stands with source admins these days, so ..

Would be a YES from me (If Im able to give a yes/no before knowing him as my best friend)

good luck =)

Flubbel
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
Ethan
Steam Username: ethaneman

Post by Ethan »

I have seen you around latley in the server. But if you really want to be admin you should wait more like a month or two But thats my opinion. I dont have my option yet. But like the great ghandi sad : A No or maybe can turn to a YES!
Ross
Server Administrator

Post by Ross »

Yeah let's play a few rounds. I'm at work today but we can do some next week :)
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Sure Im busy to actually im in Russia for 5 days. So will do some next time but add me then because i have deleted 140 friends :P
Last edited by Ethan on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Server Administrator

Post by Ross »

Hah, no problem
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

But I'm just saying im not sure i can play next week but we will see ;)
Blade
Server Administrator
Steam Username: rick571

Post by Blade »

Just had to apply? ;) Well I think you wouldn't abuse your powers in any way, because I think you're very mature.
Your English is perfect, of course it's mostly because of you living in England. You're nice to every 1 that's for sure.
IF you get admin powers I will always be there if you can't handle them alone.
So a Yes
Last edited by Blade on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I luv my doggies :D
Ross
Server Administrator

Post by Ross »

I'm at work until 5 tonight but after I have had something to eat and a bit of time to relax I will be on the server so If anyone wants to add me on steam and we could play a few rounds? :-)
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Sure Ross ;)
evil kitten
Steam Username: daviddue

Post by evil kitten »

Good luck :)!
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

Ethan wrote:I have seen you around latley in the server.
But if you really want to be admin you should wait more like a month or two But thats my
opinion. I dont have my option yet. But like the great ghandi sad : A No or maybe can turn to a YES!
Ethan? hmm, he has been very active from my view, i haven't played so much cs:s but i think i have seen you 1 time on the server when i played there for a couple weeks ago. I can't say 100% it was you. :=)

From this community i have just gotten good ideas and think your a very nice and mature guy. I think you maybe could fit the admin position well. But i haven't played with you so much/never i don't know for 100%.

as i said i just have experienced you from the community so i don't if im 100% right yeah yeah, i think you will fit but need more reply's from the source players! :=)
Image ImageImage
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Its wierd because maybe hes active but he has 30 post and is here for a week or twho So re-apply in a month then i think you will get in the admin team.

Greetz :P
Dopezz
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

For those of you commenting on applicants (especially for non-admins): post once, include your opinion about the candidate and/or any previous encounters with him/her. After that, your participation is no longer needed and you can simply leave the application.

Avoid directly addressing the candidate with specific advice for two reasons: a) you are not the one making the decision (therefore your advice could be completely misguided and not at all reflect my, or other admins', opinion) and b) you do not want to get into in argument with me, the candidate or other members in someone's application thread. That is both disrespectful to the applicant and to the community as a whole.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »