Special Thanks to Doggie

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
Scoarden

Special Thanks to Doggie

Post by Scoarden »

Hey,
I just felt like to say 'Thanks' for the great and hard job, that Doggie is doing the whole time since nearly two years* in the Community.
I can't really imagine how hard it is, to lead a whole Community. And Doggie is doing this job, in my opinion, really, pretty good.
So special thanks to Doggie again, for that great job :).

Everyone who thinks the same, can reply here and add things, what he/she likes the most here.

I like it, that we always can ask him because of problems here and that he takes care of it, as good as he can. :)
greetings,
Anterro
*Edit: okay for 5+ years, which is definitly harder :)
Last edited by Scoarden on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

Re: Special Thanks to Doggie

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

I absolutely think the same! He takes a lot of his own time to help us even when he is stressed. I also want to say: Thank you doggie for the amazing work you are doing!
/fruitbowl 2
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

I love you Doggie, but I hate your RAM. ;)
Ross
Server Administrator
Steam Username: rosscummings

Post by Ross »

N3bulouz wrote:I love you Doggie, but I hate your RAM. ;)
+1
Haha
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

I can't find words! ;D

But doggie is probably the best community leader i can ever think of! ;O

SO A BIG THANKS TO DOGGIE! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO xD
Image ImageImage
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Post by ewil apple »

Guys, we are not kids and he is not a molester! Anterro's words made me feel like Doggs is having intercourse with him.

During my brief time here (almost a year and half, or maybe more?) I have encountered a lot of belief and trust from Doggs and for that I am very thankful and grateful. Doggs, whenever you come to Estonia, apples will blossom and rise for you.

Dream evil is not just a forum, it is a place where we all refugees from the life scary and hard times can come together as one and give and receive love.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Very cute of you all! I would just like to remind you that it's actually been 5+ years, not just 2 ;) . But most, if not all, of you weren't around when Dream-Evil first was born, which isn't particularly surprising.

What can I say? Dream-Evil has grown into something very important for me and something I am very happy to be a part of. Sure, it's a lot of work sometimes - to get the server working, to ban hackers, to resolve disputes and to moderate the forums - but that works is really paid off by all the support I get from you guys and all the enthusiasm you show on the forums.

In my opinion it is yourselves you should be thanking - not me. I'm only the guy doing the back-end work, you know! You, admins and members, are the people who make this community what it is - needless to say there would be no community without you.

Nevertheless, very well put by all of you! I really appreciate the joy and cheerfulness you all help to spread :) !
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

I would also like to thank you Douglas, you've created a great community and not just two servers! I'm very glad that I found the server but more glad that I found this site and all the people here! :D I just hope in the future that even you doggie will be able to join the fightnights! :D

Thanks and good luck with your studies!

/fruit 1
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

It's always good to show appreciation and feedback, so I'll join in too :)

Although I'm a lot less active these days, it's a testament to Doggie's leadership and tenacity that the community is thriving as it is today. I joined very early on in D-E's life (think it had been a community for a couple of months before I applied), and I think this is the third generation of the D-E forums I've been a part of, but I don't remember it ever being as busy as it is now, so great work on laying the foundations for the community Doggie, and congrats everyone on being part of it - nothing keeps a community going more than having great members which we clearly have a lot of!

Perhaps when things have calmed down a little after exams we can all do a massive, historic and celebratory fightnight. Until then, keep up the great work everyone!
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

NickCPC wrote:Perhaps when things have calmed down a little after exams we can all do a massive, historic and celebratory fightnight.
Great idea!
Ciorpz

Post by Ciorpz »

Thank you doggie
for running such a nice community and servers .
N3bulouz wrote:
NickCPC wrote:Perhaps when things have calmed down a little after exams we can all do a massive, historic and celebratory fightnight.
Great idea!

that is a nice idea ! :)
next friday or saturday ?
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Ciorps wrote:that is a nice idea ! :)
next friday or saturday ?
When exams have calmed down - that doesn't mean a couple of days but perhaps a couple of months. That's how things look for me, at least.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
henk
Server Administrator
Steam Username: headhunterzXL

Post by henk »

i've thanked you on steam allready but i join the opinion of everyone here.