New and Updated Future Plans

All Dream-Evil related news will be posted here.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

New and Updated Future Plans

Post by Doggie52 »

Hello!

Just wanted to quickly get a couple of things out to the community. Please, make as many people as possible within the community get to read this.

Here is a list of things that will happen in the future:
  • I need to replace RAM and the motherboard in my personal computer, meaning that...
    • I will not be able to be in-game
    • I will not be as active on the forums
  • The Application-forum will, for the above reason, be closed, but...
    • it will resume again as soon as possible
    • nothing will happen to the applicants inside the forum currently
  • I am planning on hosting a vote for a set of new maps to be added to the server, but...
    • this can only start after I have gotten my computer back
    • I don't know when it will take place
I hope this clears some questions up. I also hope you will bear with me during this, for I hope it will soon be over!
When the map-voting will be hosted, I will make sure to let everyone know. Don't worry, you won't miss it ;) !

-------------------------------------------------
UPDATE (07/04/2011):
The parts for my computer have all arrived, and all is well with the computer. However, there are other things in the way now.
As you are aware, this has all taken a very long time. It has taken longer time than I expected, and it has now extended onto the time period with the last studying for my final exams. You've all been to school, you know how it is, so I shall spare you the details. This is what will happen in the future:
  • from now to 20-25th of May: I will not be visiting the forums nor any of the servers. I will only be available through PM or e-mail (please, keep this in mind).
  • after 20-25th of May: things will start returning to normal again. I will visit the servers again, take care of the admin applications and make sure everything runs smoothly.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but this is how it's going to be. Neither you nor I can do anything about it, unfortunately. If you have any questions, please post them here or via PM and I will do my best to answer them.
-------------------------------------------------

Your's faithfully,
Doggie52
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
henk
Server Administrator
Steam Username: headhunterzXL

Re: New and Updated Future Plans

Post by henk »

in my opinion the application forum isn't needed right now because of enough admins
but please handel the ones that are applaying atm.
and do you know how long this is going to take? just a indication or so?
and nice that you are planning to add maps:)
Ross
Server Administrator
Steam Username: rosscummings

Post by Ross »

Well thanks for the update
And, my opinion may be biased seen as I am applying right now, but I think henk is right. Dealing with the people already in there might be a good idea.
This isn't a stab at you doggie, but it seems like a lot of things have came to a halt because of your PC problems. And that isn't your fault, but a lot of things have been left hanging it seems.

But thanks for the update, its good to know your still alive haha. Is there any ETA on your PC being fixed?
Ross
Server Administrator

Post by Ross »

Just realized I am the only person in the application process right now so scrap what I said haha :P
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

Thanks for the heads up, only I have one question. Aren't you clever enough to put your hardware in your PC yourself?
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

good to know doggie.
and are theses new maps for 1.6 or source?
N3bulouz
Server Administrator

Post by N3bulouz »

Since the 1.6 server is called: RATS2K4 24/7 , I don't think there will be any new maps. Still.. I think this can be discussed. I guess there are more RATS maps.
I'm 100% sure that there will be new maps for Source, because I made at least one good map. ;)
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

I'm 100% against changing map on the 1.6 server but I believe doggie meant the source server since N3bz done some maps?
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

Fruitbowl 1

He won't change map, he would only switch some of the good rats map xD
Image ImageImage
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

N3bulouz wrote:Thanks for the heads up, only I have one question. Aren't you clever enough to put your hardware in your PC yourself?
I suspect he is - he built the Dream-Evil server too.

It's not that hard a job ;) might have some pics of me building my rig somewhere too. Ironically I will have to replace my motherboard in a month or so myself, so if I can't find any pics I'll take some new ones!
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

Whiskey wrote:Fruitbowl 1

He won't change map, he would only switch some of the good rats map xD
Yeah but I like the 2k4 map, the other ones aren't that good :/
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Ross wrote:Well thanks for the update
And, my opinion may be biased seen as I am applying right now, but I think henk is right. Dealing with the people already in there might be a good idea.
This isn't a stab at you doggie, but it seems like a lot of things have came to a halt because of your PC problems.
This is technically impossible as I need a functioning computer to be able to give any new admins a go-through of the commands and rules.
N3bulouz wrote:Thanks for the heads up, only I have one question. Aren't you clever enough to put your hardware in your PC yourself?
Yes, of course I am, and I am somewhat insulted by you asking such a question. The problem is not that I'm not able to install a motherboard and RAM but rather that they are broken and that I need them replaced by the manufacturer.
Anterro wrote:good to know doggie.
and are theses new maps for 1.6 or source?
Only for Source, if enough voices are raised for adding maps to the 1.6 rotation I might consider this too.
henk wrote:and do you know how long this is going to take? just a indication or so?
and nice that you are planning to add maps:)
It may take as much as a month to ship the motherboard to the States and get a new one shipped to me. Hopefully, it will take less, but I cannot guarantee that. So expect me to be back in full operation sometime mid-April.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
Ross
Server Administrator

Post by Ross »

I understand now. Thanks :)
Just let us know when your gonna be back doing stuff! Haha
N3bulouz
Server Administrator

Post by N3bulouz »

Doggie52 wrote:Yes, of course I am, and I am somewhat insulted by you asking such a question. The problem is not that I'm not able to install a motherboard and RAM but rather that they are broken and that I need them replaced by the manufacturer.
O.o Sorry, but I thought you were just getting your PC to some dude who could fix it. Misunderstood ;)
henk
Server Administrator
Steam Username: headhunterzXL

Post by henk »

thanks for the heads up doggie:)
ceya in mid april hopefully:)