Server Maintenance/Overhaul Complete

All Dream-Evil related news will be posted here.
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Re: Server Maintenance/Overhaul Complete

Post by Flubbel »

Well, the server crashed around 23:31..

There were only 3 players and me.

First, I have some questions:
Youve changed some settings, Doggie, havent you?
Like the parachute-settings. The "use"-sound is hearable again.
And you have changed the rules.. I think they come from the source server, because they seem to be wrong for the rats2k4 server anyhow. At least the rule about teamkills and teamattacks.. =P

New messages:
Download our Soundpack from xxx.xxxx-xxxxxxxx.x
Visit our forum on xxx.xxxx-xxxxxxxx.x
Type ''amx_list_rule'' into the console to read all rules
And of course the rules..

Btw. : The xxx.xxxxx - thing looks like Ive posted it, only x'es..

crashed again around 00:08 while I was writing..

If you think about an action of someone that causes the crash it must be a general action which is normal for cs.. And if a normal action causes the crash there must be a fault in the plugins or in the settings or even in any file.
Ill just ask: Newest amxmodx-version, plugins, etc. are installed, arent they? I would try to re-re-download the server files and to to re-re-install the server, but I think you know what youre doing, so Ill just be quiet.. =))

Baah, its later than planned and Im tired, so good night! Sorry for writing this.. Ill maybe delete the unimportant parts tomorrow, when Im awake again. =P

Flubbel
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

No, please keep everything that you wrote. It is true that I did a reinstallation of the server yesterday, in an attempt to fix the issue we're facing. In that process, I may have forgotten to move along certain files and configurations -- I'll take a closer look at that this evening.

I appreciate the feedback I'm getting -- as I cannot play on the server right now, the only information I can get is that from you guys. I will make sure to get rid of the use-sound when parachuting. First and foremost, though, I must try to resolve the crashes -- and I may or may not be slightly closer to that goal right now.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

Ive noticed that last three times the server has crashed at roundstart.. 5 min ago - the same.
I remember that Ive only seen crashes of the server at the beginning of a round, never suddenly while all players were playing, but I could be wrong..

Maybe a statement of an other 1.6 player could support me or clean up my fail-statement?

*Edit: I havent seen anything unnormal again, but that could be caused by the fact that actually no one was able to do aynthing..

*Edit2: Crashed again at 13:48. Roundstart again.. Nothing special =)

*Edit3: Crashed again at 13:51. Roundstart again.. Nothing special =|

*Edit4: Crashed again at 14:43. No roundstart. Statement disproved. =(

Flubbel
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
StatiC
Server Administrator

Post by StatiC »

It happens often on roundstart but i have seen it crash at the end of a round.

Edit: Ah i was too late, forgot to submit the post. :D
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Post by seke3 »

please dont reset the points :)
i have worked my ass off to get the points i got now XD
snap it or slap it!