Scoarden's Application

Declined applications will be moved here. Watch and learn.
Scoarden

Scoarden's Application

Post by Scoarden »

What is your name?
Max

What is your in-game name?
|:Scoarden:| ; |:Anterro:|

What is your Steam username?
4meee2

How old are you?

Where do you live?
Freiburg, in South-West-Germany (Baden-Württemberg)

Do you have any previous admin experience?
I was admin on a dust-server, but not anymore, because its closed. And I am currently an admin at the MTA server Badwolf 24/7 (taking care of new members/moderators --> I show them how the server works, explain them the rules and all in all I’m taking care of their problems with other guests, members or moderators on the server).

Why would you fit as an admin (long answer, please)?
I like this server (or especially the community) very much. So I don’t like it, when someone tries to ruin the gameplay and/or the atmosphere. Then I want to gain more experience here.
I already have some admin-experience, but that should not mean that I am unable to learn more about it.
And I'm trying to help members to solve their problems. I don’t call myself mature or something like that, I can’t assess myself in that way, that should be done by someone who knows me. So all in all, I would like to be an admin, to help the server and the players, that they still have fun here and enjoy to be part of the community.

What game do you generally play (CSS or CS1.6)?
CS 1.6

* Do you regularly annoy other people? No, not in my opinion (If somebody thinks so, please comment here! I would like to know something like that, to correct it).
* Do you regularly spam your microphone? I don’t even use it.
* Do you swear a lot? No, not really (If somebody thinks so, please comment here! I would like to know something like that, to correct it).
* Do you share your Steam account with anyone (this includes your close relatives)?
Im the only one, who is using this account.

Do you have anything else you would like to tell us?
Only what I already said: I like the server and community very much. And I hope I will always enjoy my stay here.
Qattro
Server Administrator
Steam Username: qattro_gmx

Re: Scoarden's Application

Post by Qattro »

Yea ive not played so much the last month so i cant say annything actually about him but the impression ive gained in the month i was more active on the DE server is a good one! Hes pleasant and a good guy in and out of css so i think i can vote with a YES for him although i didnt played with him the last time but i think we could change this soon ;)
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

I am not admin so I can't or will vote YES or NO. But I've played with you very much, not just in CS but wc3 too and I've chatted with you very much. You are a mature guy and I don't think you would abuse your powers. Good luck and if I could, I would vote YES. :)
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

fruitbowl 2 wrote:I am not admin so I can't or will vote YES or NO. But I've played with you very much, not just in CS but wc3 too and I've chatted with you very much. You are a mature guy and I don't think you would abuse your powers. Good luck and if I could, I would vote YES. :)

your vote counts! Every player can write their opinion! ;)

Back to the topic! its pretty much the same as i wrote for cskiller and what fruitbowl 2 wrote for you! I have played much with you and you could be a good guy for dream evil! ;)
Image ImageImage
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

I have looked over the reasons why Doggie declined you last time. Here are they:

*Your English is not up to the standards at all. In fact, sometimes when you've been chatting to me, I have had problems understanding you.
*You easily get into fights with other players and even admins.
*The above reasons also leads me to believe you are immature and incapable of acting professionally on our servers.
*You seem incredibly inpatient and you are awfully quick to jump to hasty conclusions.

Your English has become better since the last time you posted your application. I have not chatted with you ingame or over steam recently, which probably is because I haven't been able to play CS that much but the posts that I've read here have contained good English. I can't really say if it's as good as the admin post requires but as I said, it's because I haven't chatted with you for a while.

I have never experienced you as a player that gets into fights with players and admins, if Doggie refers to the situation when you posted your first application I don't know. Everytime I have played with you there haven't been any fighting at all.

Since your English is better and I've never seen you in a fight, you are in my eyes not immature. You are 17 years old which is a good sign of maturity too and there haven't been any situations like the one when you posted your first application. These signs indicates a change from your side and an improvement which takes you one step closer to admin position.

I can't remember that you've been inpatient especially the times I've played with you quite recent. I guess the "jump to hasty conclusions" comes from the situation where you vouched for a source player when you had not played with him or something, I don't remember it fully so correct me if I'm wrong. What I know is however that you have not done that since your last application which is another sign of improvement.

My vote is going towards a yes but I think I simply have to play with you in the days coming because I've only played with you 1 or 2 times this month as far as I can remember, a chat on steam would be good too! :D

Edit: After having a chat and played on the server my answer is a YES.
Last edited by fruitbowl 1 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

I can agree with fruitbowl there ;)
Image ImageImage
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

Well, caused by the fact that Fruitbowl wrote that much, I have the chance to use my time for other things by subscribing to Fruitbowl's opinion.
I just want to add two things:
  • Your temperament is just a normal temperament - no one can deny that sometimes there are reasons for an over-reaction! No one is "always calm" .. Just for the case that youre still in the wrong "temper-section"
    My vote will be a yes
- you have improved your english
- you have never been immature
- you would be a good support for the 1.6 admins!

Flubbel
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

I have made a decision to decline your application, Scoarden, and to explain my decision I will use Fruitbowl's well-written response.
fruitbowl 1 wrote:Your English has become better since the last time you posted your application. I have not chatted with you ingame or over steam recently, which probably is because I haven't been able to play CS that much but the posts that I've read here have contained good English. I can't really say if it's as good as the admin post requires but as I said, it's because I haven't chatted with you for a while.
I agree here - your English has definitely become better. I can't make up my mind about whether or not it has improved enough, really, but all I can say is that it's better. You're on the right way!
fruitbowl 1 wrote:I have never experienced you as a player that gets into fights with players and admins, if Doggie refers to the situation when you posted your first application I don't know. Everytime I have played with you there haven't been any fighting at all.

Since your English is better and I've never seen you in a fight, you are in my eyes not immature. You are 17 years old which is a good sign of maturity too and there haven't been any situations like the one when you posted your first application. These signs indicates a change from your side and an improvement which takes you one step closer to admin position.
Around the time of your first application you were into some major trouble, which among other reasons forced me to decline you. I haven't seen any evidence of this behavior continuing, and this leads me to believe you really have improved your maturity and overall attitude. This is a very good development and one that I am very happy you undertook - another step in the right path!
fruitbowl 1 wrote:I can't remember that you've been inpatient especially the times I've played with you quite recent. I guess the "jump to hasty conclusions" comes from the situation where you vouched for a source player when you had not played with him or something, I don't remember it fully so correct me if I'm wrong. What I know is however that you have not done that since your last application which is another sign of improvement.
As I mentioned before, you caused quite some trouble around the time of your last application. Considering it's been such a long time since your last application I must admit you've become a lot more patient. Waiting around for me to reply to this thread has also shown patience in you, something which has made an impression on me.

The reason why I am declining you is because you're not really there yet. You've come a long way to fit our requirements, but you have yet to fully match our criteria. You're on the right path, though, and if you continue on that path I see very little that can stop you in your next application (if you choose to post one, that is). Also, the 1.6 server is not in need of a lot of admins right now - if anyone gets accepted as an administrator it will be someone who stands out from the crowd. You're nearly there, but not yet fully suited for adminning the server.

I wish you all the good luck and I thank you for the dedication and loyalty you've shown this community - hope to see you around :) !
// Doggie52
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

Okay,
Thank you because of your honesty :) I fully understand why i've been declined this time :) And i will try to stay on the right path ;)
And i will also try to be there as you said :)
All in all i will have the full time now, to BE totally there. So i hope i won't dissapoint you, until I re-apply in 3-4 months :)
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Scoarden wrote:Okay,
Thank you because of your honesty :) I fully understand why i've been declined this time :) And i will try to stay on the right path ;)
And i will also try to be there as you said :)
All in all i will have the full time now, to BE totally there. So i hope i won't dissapoint you, until I re-apply in 3-4 months :)
Just to be clear - what I meant is not that you haven't spent enough time with the community. What I mean is that you've simply not reached the standards we set out for our admins, that's all!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »