A wierd 1.6 problem

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

A wierd 1.6 problem

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Hi community!

Both me and my brother have the same problem when connecting to the rats2k4 server; when we have loaded everything and we are about to choose team, CS freezes and we have to quit the game because it doesn't answer. We can connect to any other server and have friends on steam that are playing rats without problems.
I discovered the problem yesterday at maybe 16.00. I played at the server in the morning same day so I got really confused when it did not work, I have tried to restart my PC etc. but nothing worked. As long as we don't know what the problem is, neither me or my brother will be able to play on the server as I see it now. Now I wonder if anyone of you have the same problem.

//fruitbowl 2
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Re: A wierd 1.6 problem

Post by N3bulouz »

Reinstall CS, Steam, and in the worst case, Windows.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Are you playing from the same computer? Have you tried it on different computers on the same network? If you are playing on the same computer and the error only appears on that computer, it really is only there you can do something about it.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Doggie: No we have one computer each but we were thinking of if the problem is our internet or firewalls.
N3bz: Ok, will try that. Do you think one can save things from the cstrike folder like recs? EDIT: Is there any place you can search for an error code or a log or something?
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

It could be a steam problem.. Maybe you just have to wait until steam made an update! Before reinstalling CS or Steam or even Windows: Try to delete the the "ClientRegistry.blob" ..

Actually yes, there is the "connection_log" and the "cloud_log" and the "appinfo_log" which you can find into the "log" folder at the "Steam" folder.. Maybe you will find something there!

Of course you can save files from the cstrike folder. Ive done that pretty often already! Just save the whole cstrike folder, reinstall steam and log into your account. Start cs and after that you can overwrite the new cstrike folder with the old one. You can also save the whole Steam folder, but that wouldnt be that intelligent if youre about to reinstall steam..
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

Deleting the .blob file didn't work and I didn't find any useful info when I checked the logs. :/
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

I'm so happy right now, I can finally play rats! :D I upgraded to windows 7 from xp and tested to play with the same config as before and it worked fine! I still have no idea what the problem could have been but it seems like upgrading solved it somehow ^^
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
Doggie52
Site Admin

Post by Doggie52 »

fruitbowl 1 wrote:I'm so happy right now, I can finally play rats! :D I upgraded to windows 7 from xp and tested to play with the same config as before and it worked fine! I still have no idea what the problem could have been but it seems like upgrading solved it somehow ^^
That is great to hear! I am so happy for you! Perhaps then it was some sort of network driver that was corrupted - who knows. Or, it could have been a firewall instruction on the loose.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

Nicely done!
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Post by Whiskey »

I dont know if it was an ip problem or something with your router.

But anyways nice! ;D
Image ImageImage
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Now the only problem is; it does not work for me =/ I think I have to re-install windows and I will do that as soon I've got a new hard drive. Maybe next week-end or something. But then I will return! :D
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

I have now re-installed windows AND I have tried to use another harddrive and that harddrive was brand new so I installed windows and it did not work AGAIN. I really appreciate any answers. Just saying what does not work:

EDIT: I have also tried on another network, and also that time, whole cs freezes.
re-install steam
re-install cs
re-install windows

If you have ANY idea, write it. I would really like to play on the rats server again and i believe the server needs me as admin too! =P
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Post by seke3 »

cs options maybe? time to upgrade to a new cpu maybe? ;) i dont know at all! maybe virus?
snap it or slap it!

Doggie52
Site Admin

Post by Doggie52 »

Again, what is the problem? Your CS freezes when connecting to our server? Is it due to the map? Have you tried other rats servers?
Try to rule out whatever possibilities there might be. You've ruled out a problem with your OS, since you've reinstalled Windows.
You've tried your computer on another network and it didn't work either?

If you do, in the end, come down to that it might be our server that is messing it up for you I can try something. But I want you to rule out any other possibility first.
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Ok, when I connect to the dream-evil server whole cs freezes when I am done loading the server. I can play without problems on my own lan server with de_rats2k4. I can play on other rats servers too but I have not find another 2k4 yet only like: de_ratz.
Therefore: I don't think it is the map's fault.
I don't think it is the cfg's fault either since I have tried other configs.
It MIGHT be something in my cstrike map but I have NO idea what.
I've tried to turn off my firewall and antivirus, it did not work.
I've tried stupid things such as spam "enter" while launching game. (Read it from a random site)
I have no viruses.
I can play on ANY other server without problems.
That's what I can come up with now. I will search for more and try more things and then I will edit this post.
EDIT: It did not work to run defrag again or verify integrity of game cache...
It DID work for a while when I turned of my modem for 30 minutes but then it messed up again. But there again I don't think it is the modem's fault since it did not work on other networks..