New Maps on the Source Server

All Dream-Evil related news will be posted here.
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

Re: New Maps on the Source Server

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Not that I even play source but seke3, I can't understand how you are thinking. To be rank 1 should not be easy, ofcourse it is harder for a new person to "level up" but if one resets it all the time, no one would actually care for being rank 1 since you get the score deleted a short while after...
FrostMinD
Server Administrator
Steam Username: FrostMinD

Post by FrostMinD »

It will require numerous hours to be among the best, if you are new on the server. Simply because the regular players have played countless hours on it, and deform, new people have no motivation to try climb the rank ladder. For this to be fair should the server reset the rank. The rank does not have to be reset "all the time". How to agree on a realistic time for each time it will be reset? Not too often and not too seldom.
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

I don't think people play because of their rank, honestly.
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

FrostMinD wrote:It will require numerous hours to be among the best, if you are new on the server. Simply because the regular players have played countless hours on it, and deform, new people have no motivation to try climb the rank ladder. For this to be fair should the server reset the rank. The rank does not have to be reset "all the time". How to agree on a realistic time for each time it will be reset? Not too often and not too seldom.
N3bulouz wrote:I don't think people play because of their rank, honestly.
I can only agree with you both! :D
lunajamba
Server Administrator
Steam Username: lunajamba449

Post by lunajamba »

Ye I can aggre the ranking should be reset. Its quite tough to get 3points a kill when you see top player have 100 000 points>.<
// jackluna
N3bulouz
Server Administrator

Post by N3bulouz »

Yea but we had to work hard for that :/
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

Doggie52 wrote:
NickCPC wrote:I actually quite liked 2k5 too myself, but I look forward to trying these new ones out soon.
I liked it too and I think the players overall liked it. I'm just concerned that it caps our maximum players due to its stupid snapshot overflow errors. Overall, though, I believe it does more good than harm after all, I'm adding it again.
Excellent, thanks Doggie.

I've played with the new maps on a few occasions now, and (for me at least) there's some textural problems with breakfloor_egg, in that blocks occasionally seem to "flash". Hard to describe, I might see if I can FRAPS it but it's like there is some kind of corruption going on. Interestingly as well, the player feedback I've heard is that it's not that popular, but I actually do applaud the different design as it's something new and fresh. However, when people keep trying to RTV in chat and typing timeleft, perhaps we admins could have the power once again to change the map if appropriate?

However, well done again Doggie on adding the new ones, it's certainly more fun and a talking point, and I enjoyed the rounds I've played on the server recently.
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Post by seke3 »

me neither, but its just a funny thing, its like a map with no details. actually not but sort of :P.
fruitbowl 2 wrote:no one would actually care for being rank 1 since you get the score deleted a short while after...
well, i think one year is a very long time. and i like to compete to other people, so it would be more fun to play at the server when you get the ranklist reset every year :). its not a big thing but..
snap it or slap it!

N3bulouz
Server Administrator

Post by N3bulouz »

Just saying, I had to work very hard to get to rank 3 lol.
seke3

Post by seke3 »

i just think that it would be more fun for everyone if we could have like a "hall of fame" topic there we put like top 10 of the breakfloor/de_rats server 2011,2012 etc. so we can reset the score and "compete" again XD i am rank 21 now and i cant get any higher because i dont have almost no time for gaming, and i think more people would become more active in-game if we reset the rank then lol. i dont know what others think but this is how i feel :)
snap it or slap it!

fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

seke3 wrote:
seke3 wrote:me neither, but its just a funny thing.
seke3 wrote:i think more people would become more active in-game if we reset the rank then lol.
Well, as I said I know I am not playing source but why change something that is already good? I can understand you think it is hard for you to become on the top15 seke3, but you have to see it from people like N3bz angle too. If he spent countless hours to become rank 3, and then the rank just gets deleted, there is no point right? :) I will leave this topic now since I only play 1.6 but I don't think it is fair to reset rank.
seke3

Post by seke3 »

thats why we create a "hall of fame" topic and put in the rank1-10/15 players? :)
snap it or slap it!

FrostMinD
Server Administrator
Steam Username: FrostMinD

Post by FrostMinD »

fruitbowl 2 wrote:
seke3 wrote:
seke3 wrote:i think more people would become more active in-game if we reset the rank then lol.
Well, as I said I know I am not playing source but why change something that is already good? I can understand you think it is hard for you to become on the top15 seke3, but you have to see it from people like N3bz angle too. If he spent countless hours to become rank 3, and then the rank just gets deleted, there is no point right? :) I will leave this topic now since I only play 1.6 but I don't think it is fair to reset rank.
So n3b and 14 other guys are more worthy than 20 000 other people? If he already is among the top 15 shouldn't it be that hard to reach it again if the rank resets.
N3bulouz
Server Administrator

Post by N3bulouz »

I have more stuff to do these days than CSS. :P
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

FrostMinD wrote:
fruitbowl 2 wrote:
seke3 wrote:
So n3b and 14 other guys are more worthy than 20 000 other people? If he already is among the top 15 shouldn't it be that hard to reach it again if the rank resets.
When did I say that top 15 is more worthy than the rest och the server? I just think they deserves their placement if they worked hard for it....