New Maps on the Source Server

All Dream-Evil related news will be posted here.
FrostMinD
Server Administrator
Steam Username: FrostMinD

Re: New Maps on the Source Server

Post by FrostMinD »

Of course they deserve their places, thats for sure. BUT it must be a limit on how long they will have reign on top? Just because they started to play on the server pretty early and earned many points, they should keep their places permanently? When should other people get the chance to participate in the top rank competition? Those who are listed on the top have played so long on the server that there is no point for beginners to attempt to climb the rank ladder.
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

If you want to get to the top, you'll have to work hard, and not play for two weeks and get rank number one.
Reaper
Server Administrator
Steam Username: supersmoke17

Post by Reaper »

i dont want the rank deleted, i have played like a year on the server i am finally getting up the road :) rank 16 ^^ XD
Spray and pray
FrostMinD
Server Administrator
Steam Username: FrostMinD

Post by FrostMinD »

Reaper wrote:i dont want the rank deleted, i have played like a year on the server i am finally getting up the road :) rank 16 ^^ XD

That's exactly what i mean. You've played 1 year and still not reached further than rank 16, even you're a decent player too. Just reset the damn rank and make it fair for everyone!
Reaper
Server Administrator

Post by Reaper »

further`? i think rank 16 is good :) and there is over 20000 that have a rank :) an i believe that most of em just play for fun :)

and i think if the rank get deleted and starts over, i actually think i have wasted 1 year of time. just call me a nerd xD
Spray and pray
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Post by seke3 »

and if we reset the score maybe 1000 people will get ranked at the first week, im just sayin, 20 000 people is not active on this server! not many people continues playing on it like me. like 7000 is active i think. maybe im wrong? only doggie knows..
snap it or slap it!

Reaper
Server Administrator

Post by Reaper »

no i know, but still.

and why complain about its hard to get a decent rank, if you have a good rank then you have worked for it, and if not then it actually doesnt matter or am i wrong :)

i would say that it aint that hard to get a good rank, over a year i have played 5 days and some hours on the D-E server and i actually dont think that is to much to get a good rank.
Spray and pray
seke3

Post by seke3 »

its not fun when i dont got any competition from the guys under rank 21.. and i want more competition in the air! i could seriously stay away from the server for a year and still stay at rank 21. i dont know how i got there, cuz last year i was almost last. and the next day i was like rank 30.
snap it or slap it!

Reaper
Server Administrator

Post by Reaper »

so you say that i dont give you some competition when we play together ? XD thanks a lot seke xD haha

well its just to catch the right moment.
try play with pungsparken :P
Spray and pray
seke3

Post by seke3 »

i mean with the rank thing. its fun to play at the server, and you are a good player, but i want the rank system to get better, thats why i am arguing, i dont know the spelling but fck that :)
i think i have said the same thing like 5 times now at this forum and no one has seen that òó
snap it or slap it!

Reaper
Server Administrator

Post by Reaper »

i understand some of you guys want the rank set to zero and it is kinda fair, but for some of the guys that have been here for a long time it kinda sucks (my opinion) :)
Spray and pray
seke3

Post by seke3 »

but reaper, and everyone else, why cant we just create a HALL OF FAME forum there we put the top 20 ranks so everyone gets happy? then your rank will stay forever! i dont care about my rank, and im rank 21. and you have been very active if you get to the hall of fame, seriously. over 20000 points have you earned then, and thats a lifetime lol
snap it or slap it!

Reaper
Server Administrator

Post by Reaper »

well maybe and maybe not :) but just a silly question why would you like to get the rank reseted if you dont care about your rank :) sry had to ask :)
Spray and pray
seke3

Post by seke3 »

i dont care about it a-n-y-m-o-r-e. cuz i am always at rank 21. its a silly discution but anyways, i am not the only one that wants the score reseted. and i hope everyone have readed every single word i have written about this so i dont have to repeat anything.
snap it or slap it!

NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

About 3/4 years ago I was rank 1 on the server, for several months too... one day the rank was reset and yeah, it was a shame but I wasn't distraught.

Frankly I don't think it matters whether it is reset or not, it's more about when it fits in with Doggie's plans. However, in my opinion if it's going to be done it should be after everyone has finished their end of year exams for the summer... you don't want to be draining hours on here to get a rank when you have a real education you can be focussing on and which you later realise is far more important.
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64