de_rats2k4 server

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
eli
Server Administrator
Steam Username: manahero

de_rats2k4 server

Post by eli »

Hi guys!
I just wanted to inform you (and complain about ;P) that the rats server is empty. All the time.
I'm sorry; I don't have a approach to the problem because I don't know what to do in such a situation.
The servers, where I was admin before, weren't empty all the time.
But since I am an administrator of the rats server, I at least wantedto inform you. :)

Another ...well, let's call it "problem" too, is: the players (if there are any!).
Whenever there are players, I join.
Now the following things happen (nearly everytime) or at least one of them:

- guys retrying every death
- not less than one player is cheating
- some kind of sorcery causes instant server depletion!
- flame war
- I will be insulted for playing on the server because I obviously use cheats

Thanks.
*music
Whiskey
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Logicsbrother

Re: de_rats2k4 server

Post by Whiskey »

Flamers should be muted for a 2 hour period and if you find him doing it again it should be a long mute period, What you mean bout ¨guys retrying every death¨

Cheaters should just be banned.

Hmm, i hope the sorcery that casue server depletaion can be fixed.

if you'r getting insulted, you gotta mute em. Im poiniting to the flame war situation. But i hope this can be fixed, not many respects any players.
Image ImageImage
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Post by seke3 »

back in the days i was insulting people, they are just kids and don't have a life, just ignore them. they think they are better than the others, and if you are better than them, you cheat.
snap it or slap it!

eli
Server Administrator

Post by eli »

seke3 wrote:back in the days i was insulting people, they are just kids and don't have a life, just ignore them. they think they are better than the others, and if you are better than them, you cheat.
Hey, that's quite honest. :) Good to know. ;)

@Whiskey: I'm muting them. But then, they're leaving. :\
Anyhow, in the last few month I banned a lot of cheaters. I have nearly 90 demos of guys cheating. Only on our server (ha! that could be the reason why nobody is playing anymore xD)!
And to be honest: I banned a lot of cheaters with too obvious use of aimbot or wallhack - without taking a demo.

I'm wondering what the happened? I don't take Counter Strike as a serious life problem, but it's sad. :\
*music
Jackless
Steam Username: 4meee2

Post by Jackless »

new idea:
i watched the steam-rating of the actual games in the last weeks and the number of now-playing counter strike players became smaller and smaller.
That's of course because of the rapid increase of Modern Warfare3 and Skyrim players.
Many, nearly most of all counter strike players stopped and started modern warfare 3 (mostly because of the graphics, gameplay aso...)

but that's just an idea...
I agree with eli, it's not a serious life problem, but it's really sad, because Counter Strike is just classic, it has style :) !

Edit: Nevermind what i said, Counter Strike is back on #1 !!! :D :)
* This is gonna be Legen- wait for it -DARY!! LEGENDARY! *
Always be yourself, unless you can be Barney Stinson, then always be Barney!
Whiskey
Server Administrator

Post by Whiskey »

Agreed, but i don't understand why people leaves cs for mw3 :P Mw3 sucks. ^^,
Image ImageImage
Jackless
Steam Username: 4meee2

Post by Jackless »

im installing it atm! :D so no comments about it!

EDIT: but we shouldn't let this topic become a discussion about the quality of modern warfare 3 ;) (which awesome ;) :P)
let's keep on topic ;)
* This is gonna be Legen- wait for it -DARY!! LEGENDARY! *
Always be yourself, unless you can be Barney Stinson, then always be Barney!
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

Generally I am bored of both Counter-Strike, and Counter-Strike: Source. Playing the same map all over again gets boring after a few weeks, and no one can be blamed for that.
So yea, it's probably just the people getting bored of the same playing style and the map.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

eli wrote:Now the following things happen (nearly everytime) or at least one of them:

- guys retrying every death
- not less than one player is cheating
- some kind of sorcery causes instant server depletion!
- flame war
- I will be insulted for playing on the server because I obviously use cheats
  1. To be honest, I do not see why that is a problem. If they care enough about their session stats to actually retry after every death then it shouldn't bother anyone else.
  2. That's what you are there to fix :)
  3. I'd like to know when this is happening and precisely what is happening. I believe I have heard of this before, but never been able to locate the problem.
  4. This is also what you are there to fix. Mute, silence or (in very bad cases of people reconnecting to rid themselves of a mute) kick them!
  5. Give me your SteamID and I'll ban you right away :P
On another note, though, I think the inactivity has several root causes: I've been really inactive the past few months which of course doesn't help at all; rats2k4 is a map that people definitely can get bored of after a while; perhaps players are leaving the Counter-Strike scene for other games, as has been suggested in this thread.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
seke3

Post by seke3 »

Doggie52 wrote:
  1. Give me your SteamID and I'll ban you right away :P
snap it or slap it!

eli
Server Administrator

Post by eli »

Thanks for answering doggie.

1. It's enerving because of two reasons:

a) Example:

Two teams, 4 vs. 4. The teams are fair. Now, if someone retries , there will be 4 vs. 3 for a short period of time, what means the teams are unfair. If the player who retried does not rejoin fast enough, there is a big risk of creating a winning team either because someone changes team and creates a winning team or the ATB switches players around and there will be a winning team after the guy who retried joins a team.

b) If you get killed within the first seconds, you will be able to start the same round again if you retry fast enough - i.e. you will be able to play twice in one round.

2. Yes, of course. But what happend to the players? I don't get it why everybody is cheating. :(

3. I was joking. ;) What I wanted to say: If one or more good players join, the server will be empty within 5 minutes. It's not a big deal, there are different types of people who play Counter Strike; some care about stats, others don't. But I didn't think so many players are just playing to have positive stats? No one will get better by playing against total noobs only to score high stats... and therefore these people won't "be able" to play against better players ... seems to be a vicious circle.
I'm pretty sure your problem with the server was something else, doggie?

4. I know, I know. I just was complaining about the high number of flames. We need other players. ;)

5. ;P

Something I forgot to mention: Ghosting. What to do?
*music
Whiskey
Server Administrator

Post by Whiskey »

Eli, i've brought up this discussion bout Ghosting before. I dunno if it was me or someone else from the 1.6 community i just remember that the outcome was, 1-2 weeks ban on each player ghosting. :)
Image ImageImage
eli
Server Administrator

Post by eli »

But the real problem is: how to prove someone is ghosting? If I ban someone without any evidence they will claim in the forums. And then... I'm the idiot.
*music
seke3

Post by seke3 »

well its obvious if they got almost the same name, if they are in the same clan or if both speaks the same language. if you ban one of em for one hour maybe the other one leaves?
snap it or slap it!

Whiskey
Server Administrator

Post by Whiskey »

That will never work.
Image ImageImage