de_rats2k4 server

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Re: de_rats2k4 server

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

eli wrote:But the real problem is: how to prove someone is ghosting? If I ban someone without any evidence they will claim in the forums. And then... I'm the idiot.
In fact it's nearly impossible if they don't have the same clan tag and you can see that the other one, all of a sudden knows where the enemies are when his mate is dead and not when both are alive. (ofc they can ghost when they are alive but it's not as effective as when one can spec all the time)

Then it's ghosting or wh but you probably can see which one it is.
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
eli
Server Administrator
Steam Username: manahero

Post by eli »

So I should ban on suspicion?
I'll do that in future. Thanks guys.
*music
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

eli wrote:So I should ban on suspicion?
I'll do that in future. Thanks guys.
Well if it's very clear yes, otherwise you can send a demo via PM to Doggie and let him decide.
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Post by seke3 »

fruitbowl 1 wrote:
eli wrote:But the real problem is: how to prove someone is ghosting? If I ban someone without any evidence they will claim in the forums. And then... I'm the idiot.
In fact it's nearly impossible if they don't have the same clan tag and you can see that the other one, all of a sudden knows where the enemies are when his mate is dead and not when both are alive. (ofc they can ghost when they are alive but it's not as effective as when one can spec all the time)

Then it's ghosting or wh but you probably can see which one it is.
that's what i was thinking XD
snap it or slap it!

Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Eli, you're never the idiot. If you have a reason behind your ban that is valid (and strongly thinking someone is ghosting is a valid reason!), you will never be at fault for what you have done. The worst thing that can happen is that he wasn't ghosting, and that he then will be unbanned, right?

I do not want to see careless banning, I want to see admins who think for themselves and who use common sense. If your experience and your judgement tells you the player is ghosting so much there isn't a need to send a demo to me, then follow your instincts and first warn the player. If he continues, then it is up to you to ban him or not!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
eli
Server Administrator
Steam Username: manahero

Post by eli »

Thank you all for responding. :)
*music
Jackless
Steam Username: 4meee2

Post by Jackless »

better reason for empty server: --> dead community
* This is gonna be Legen- wait for it -DARY!! LEGENDARY! *
Always be yourself, unless you can be Barney Stinson, then always be Barney!
seke3

Post by seke3 »

you do really have a negative attitude, don't you?
snap it or slap it!

Jackless
Steam Username: 4meee2

Post by Jackless »

and you got know idea of what i am talking about right?

Tip: You are spamming the community with senseless comments, it's like you HAVE TO comment on EVERYTHING.
if you are ever going to re-apply for admin, consider that.
and always consider, that doggie won't make you admin (99.9% chance to get declined)
but you have that 0.1% chance to get accepted, because as soon as he reads this comment of mine, he kinda has to do the exact opposite, if not then you are still no admin.
* This is gonna be Legen- wait for it -DARY!! LEGENDARY! *
Always be yourself, unless you can be Barney Stinson, then always be Barney!
seke3

Post by seke3 »

you are telling me that doggie is the most worthless leader in the whole community history, i know what you're talking about. i don't think you're right. i joined so i could learn how to spell and write sentences in english better, and obviously so i could become an admin. not to spam alot to anoy people and make 'em realize that i am so active i should be able to become admin! why are you even wasting your time doing this?
snap it or slap it!

Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

Jackless wrote:and you got know idea of what i am talking about right?

Tip: You are spamming the community with senseless comments, it's like you HAVE TO comment on EVERYTHING.
if you are ever going to re-apply for admin, consider that.
and always consider, that doggie won't make you admin (99.9% chance to get declined)
but you have that 0.1% chance to get accepted, because as soon as he reads this comment of mine, he kinda has to do the exact opposite, if not then you are still no admin.
Jackless, I have no reason to act on anything you say. You have pretty high thoughts about yourself -- the reality is that there probably is nothing you can say with that tone and attitude that will change anything about how I behave or how I run this community (and definitely not how I choose my admins).

Please, keep the thread on topic. If you have anything to say to me, then you say it via PM.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »