NEW CS: Source DeathMatch Server Online!

All Dream-Evil related news will be posted here.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

NEW CS: Source DeathMatch Server Online!

Post by Doggie52 »

Dear members!

Thanks to a very kind and generous donation by Reaper, we have our very own CS: Source DeathMatch server up and online as of tonight! The server will be here for at least a month and will probably run DeathMatch for the full duration. We've discussed back and forth whether we should run CTF or other mods, but for now we are going with DeathMatch mod!

Join in now and get your first kills :) !

Please let me know via PM if there are any issues with the server that need resolving. Also, please let me know if there are any plugins or such you are missing!
Sooner or later, we'll have to have a vote about what maps to run on the server!

Best regards,
Doggie52
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
seke3
Steam Username: seke3

Re: NEW CS: Source DeathMatch Server Online!

Post by seke3 »

thank you so much doggie for letting us know, and thank you reaper for donating! I do really apreciate it! :D i will start play at it as soon as i can!
snap it or slap it!

ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Post by ewil apple »

Deathmatch server means instant respawn or something like that :)? Thanks for the server though!
seke3

Post by seke3 »

yes it does. you join get killed and get spawned in a random place!
snap it or slap it!

N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

Setting up an extra server is not the smartest move when a community is just recovering from inactivity. Just saying.
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

Seemingly someone else paid for it. Congratz!
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

N3bulouz wrote:Setting up an extra server is not the smartest move when a community is just recovering from inactivity. Just saying.
Is not the smartest move? Says who? And so what?

The server was kindly donated, and was an attempt at seeing if we could benefit from another Source server with a slightly different set-up. I don't see why you have to time and time again come with your pessimistic criticism that totally lacks any constructiveness whatsoever.

What if you were in charge of this community -- what would you have done instead? Answer that question and chances are I might take you for something else than a whiner.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

I'm sure we all appreciate the donation, but as the community isn't really active on Counter-Strike: Source, it is hard to get people on the Deathmatch server, if you know what I mean.
Everytime I am checking if there would be any players online, there are only 1 or 2 online, if it's not empty.
I'm not blaming you for that at all, but I'm just giving my opinion about the deathmatch server.
Doggie52 wrote:What if you were in charge of this community -- what would you have done instead? Answer that question and chances are I might take you for something else than a whiner.
I don't know what or how or when it started, but it is really a waste of money in my opinion. I think I had accepted the 'donation', though I would have reminded him about the activity, so it could be reconsidered.

I really don't want to be a whiner, I'm just trying to give a bit of perspective. :/
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

The inactivity is funny because there ain't so much good breakfloor servers around anymore. Maybe people have stopped playing on breakfloor maps...
seke3

Post by seke3 »

ask lunajamba, i think he plays on a GG breakfloor server
*EDIT* or search on this website: http://www.gametracker.com/
snap it or slap it!