Current status of DE

All off-topic discussions (not concerning Dream-Evil) are to be held here.
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Re: Current status of DE

Post by Flubbel »

I guess I can agree with (nearly) everything that has been said.. : )

I do not get why the forum is outdated. I actually like the forum and it's look.. But I would like to hear some ideas. : D

I've been playing about an hour at the rats1.6 server today and I guess it will not become popular like this again. We had pings around 40 - 200, 150 as average - it was impossible to play in a regular way. Caused by bad hitbox, terrible pings, weird laggs (they begin with pings of 40) and some small, fixable problems the server is not even able to become popular again! It is no fun to play at the server these days..

Doggie, any ideas why the server is not working?

Regards, Flubbel
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
henk
Server Administrator
Steam Username: headhunterzXL

Post by henk »

Prob. An update or something, pm doggie and he'll look at it.

About the website, Doggie could you advise if it would be very hard or easy to change the outline? and would you even want to do it, it is your website above all.
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

The problem is not like new for this server.

I do really not understand why you don't like the forums look. I guess it is elegant, clean and (very important) manageable for everybody. Well, don't mind.

'A community can only be as good as it's leaders.' True or false?
I do not blame Doggie for the current status of Dream-Evil, but I still think some issues should be fixed - and if he does not have the time to fix them, he could give someone trustable the powers to fix them by himself. Just a small statement..
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

I must begin by apologizing for the time it has taken me to reply to this thread. I've seen it around but I just have not had the time to formulate a proper reply.

I am right now working on pushing a few changes and fixes suggested by Flubbel to the 1.6 server, and I hope to be done before I go to bed. I am in a hectic period right now, with a lot to do and less and less time to do things after uni. I won't have any exams to revise for during the Christmas break, so I should hopefully be able to look at our overall situation in a bit more detail then. If I don't have the time to oversee the 1.6 server until then, that's when I'll do it.

My first thought about our situation is that it is due to a natural change in gaming patterns. A bit like a successful investment portfolio, we've timed the popularity wave perfectly, both for breakfloor and for rats-servers. And before that, we timed the aim_crazyjump popularity wave -- I still remember the days when the server was literally full constantly. (Even I had trouble joining at times, I sometimes would have to kick people!)

I've been able to set us up with these opportunities because I have had the dedication and time to do it. My dedication still remains, but my time is increasingly sparse. I haven't had time to look ahead, let alone fix the problems we've been having along the way.

Again, Christmas will give me some time to do some planning and hopefully get us back on our feet again!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »