make the server MORE fun!!

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Re: what do you want to change in dream evil breackfloor server?

Post by ewil apple »

Where did this developer go? Someone joined the forums and said he has experience with map making. :P
Ciorpz

Post by Ciorpz »

when i firstly started playing css then only on glasswar maps and there is few maps where comes the water in the bottom and you will survive and there is a glasswar map where is the teleportion
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

Probably we should search for the ultimate maps to play on.
- It shouldn't be that easy to teamkill.
- It must be a big map, not too big ofcourse..
- There must be a high quantity of maps, else the people will be bored in no-time.

PS: I'm willing to make maps for CS:S. I'm learning it right now.
KickFoot
Server Administrator

Post by KickFoot »

ewil apple wrote:Where did this developer go? Someone joined the forums and said he has experience with map making. :P
If you're referring to Ghost I don't have the slightest clue where he went. He got accepted and was told to contact Doggie and stay active on forums. Haven't seen him ever since.
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

Yes I meant him. Weird! Where did he go...
tomraider
Steam Username: rockyballboa

Post by tomraider »

1. Glass_war is a good map we can use :D
2. 2k5 should resist...
3. Funrounds every 5th round with knife/lowered gravity!
4. !votekick-ability
Tom Svensson

ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

You all just forget about 2k5! It gives my little apple head so much pain! :(
Ciorpz

Post by Ciorpz »

well i havent post things what i want too change so these are the following things:

1.tv tower map becose it freshes your mind,too much brick blowing aint good and i think its a good map :)
2. votekick abilyty when ca:2people vote to kick someone then not with 1 person people like aggorsoft will just kick all :twisted:
3.no breackfloor map becose the breackfloor2 and 1are too much alike
4.and glass_war MAPS!!!
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

We've been through the part with maps, over and over again. And we haven't found any good substitutes for the current three maps in our rotation.
Please, people, instead of suggesting "new maps" please specify what maps you'd actually want to see on the server - I will test them when I have time and see whether they would fit or not. glass_war is an old goodie, but I fail to see how it would fit a 20p server like ours.

About all the vote-ability - unless I am assured it works well and does not get abused I would rather want to avoid it for the time being. It causes more problems than it actually solves, and from what I see/hear it is rarely being used against those who actually break rules.

Dexter: the gravity command was restricted because I felt like it had no place on the server. If you feel otherwise, please let me know.

Restricting snipers is something I find rather pointless as so few people actually use them. And those who do use them usually get nowhere with it. Restricting the machine-gun is not a good idea either, mainly because it would piss off both me and Nick (:P). Not really, but it is a weapon that has to exist on breakfloor in some form. To solve the problem with trenching we need more admins online, we can't just restrict a large portion of the usable weapons!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
Dexter
Server Administrator
Steam Username: XxBlack_VampirexX

Post by Dexter »

Hi,

Ok, first to the Gravity Ability. Mainly we, or better I, used it to make knife rounds in the air. Apart from this I have a question: Is there a way to restrict more than one weapon or better all weapons, to make it possible to take the knifes for some rounds and then unrestrict them all. Restrict them one by one takes to much time.
Ok thento the snipers and the machine gun. Ok you are right there is no reason to restrict the snipers, but in my opinion they are just useless, mainly the awp. But anyway thats not the main point. The main problem with the machine gun is the trenching of many people, sure its to easy to do it but you are right we the admins can solve it.

Dexter
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

Doggie52 wrote:Restricting the machine-gun is not a good idea either, mainly because it would piss off both me and Nick (:P).
Doggie is spot on, it would piss us both off :P but yeah, it's my main weapon. If you see someone trenching with it, make sure they know it's not allowed and keep slaying them/moving to spec/kicking. They will learn! I really don't want to see it restricted by default.
Dexter wrote:Ok, first to the Gravity Ability. Mainly we, or better I, used it to make knife rounds in the air. Apart from this I have a question: Is there a way to restrict more than one weapon or better all weapons, to make it possible to take the knifes for some rounds and then unrestrict them all. Restrict them one by one takes to much time.
I actually occasionally used to make use of low-gravity for fun rounds, but it can get out of hand if there are too many people, and everyone who uses the command has to be aware of how to restore everything to default gravity. (I once messed up and had to wait for the map change - players weren't happy!)

The command sm_unrestrict all in console, or !unrestrict all in chat should work. We currently don't have a plugin to restrict everything but knives (we used to, but it was buggy iirc). I might have a look for a better one, we'll have to ask Doggie what he thinks - but I do agree that restricting everything through the GUI does take too long.
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64
Darkman
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Punsiherfg

Post by Darkman »

1. NO breakfloor2k5 map :!:
2. New break-maps on the server
3. Unrestrict shotguns
4. Restrict the machine gun
5. "Leave spawns at 4:35" message
KickFoot
Server Administrator

Post by KickFoot »

Darkman wrote:1. NO breakfloor2k5 map :!:
2. New break-maps on the server
3. Unrestrict shotguns
4. Restrict the machine gun
5. "Leave spawns at 4:35" message
I agree with you on all your points. But, to remove the Breakfloor2k5 is a must, in my opinion. It's such a small map and it's a hell if there are many players on it. I usually leave the server when it changes to that map.
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

Agreed! I usually go into spec. and start messing around in Windows or I also leave the server when that map comes on.
Ciorpz

Post by Ciorpz »

awww! but i like hell in css :? ohh well...